From August 11 to 26, 1923, the First Novi Sad Exhibition was held, which marked the beginning of organizing fair events in Novi Sad and is considered the first in the existence of the Novi Sad Fair.
Until 1939, exhibitions were held at the old Fairgrounds in Šumadijska street, and the jubilee, 10th fair and exhibition were opened in 1940, at a new location, in today´s Hajduk Veljkova Street, where the Fair is still located today.
After the end of the Second World War, with the aim of restoring agricultural production, in 1948 the First Agricultural Exhibition was held in Novi Sad, which very quickly became the trademark of the Novi Sad Fair.
Over the decades, the Agricultural Fair has gained exceptional fame and international reputation. With the construction of the ”Master“ Congress Centre, started in 2001 and opened in 2006, the Novi Sad Fair created the conditions for organizing modern fairs, with an emphasis on service business.
On an area of 226,000 square meters, of which 60,000 square meters are pavilions, with around 20 events and 500,000 visitors a year, the Novi Sad Fair has been the best representative of Novi Sad, Vojvodina and Serbia for a whole century, promoting the greatest achievements in agro-industry, hunting, energy, sports, tourism. The International Agricultural Fair has become the agribusiness event of the region, with the largest and longest fair tradition.
Expert collaboration: Novi Sad Fair
Artistic realization of the issue: Miroslav Nikolić